Saturday, April 11, 2009

Homemade Dinner Rolls




For Easter my family and I are making different things to bring for dinner. I said I'd bring the dinner rolls. Well normally I'd go to the local grocery store and buy the rolls there. This time, I've decided to make the dinner rolls. But, I'm not a great cook. I've only made rolls a hand full of times and they usually come out heavy. So I found a different recipe, altered it a little and
presto the rolls are done.

I'd like to share the recipe, so here are the ingredients...

3/4 Cup Milk
3/4 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Eggs
5 Teaspoons Yeast
5 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Melted Butter Flavored Crisco

In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, warm milk, water, sugar & salt.


Remove from heat & mix in the eggs & yeast.
Measure flour into a large bowl.
Make a well in the flour.


Pour milk mixture into it.
DO NOT STIR


Cover with lid and let stand for 30 minutes




After the 30 minutes, uncover & pour melted butter flavored Crisco into flour & mix well.
Add more flour if to sticky.


Cover with lid and let rise for 30 minutes




After the 30 minutes is up, shape the dough into rolls & let rise for 30 minutes



After that 30 minutes, place baking sheet in a preheat oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.




Of course after the rolls were done, I had to try one...


It was yummy!
I did a good job. I just hope the family likes them too!





No comments: