Thursday, April 9, 2009

Homemade Pancakes


When I create my weekly menu's I always have trouble thinking of something new to eat each week. I haven't been making menus that long, so the ideas are still coming in my head. But one suggestion that I forgot about, was breakfast for dinner. My mom use to do this when I was a kid, and I just totally forgot about it. So tonight was pancake night. I dug into my recipe box, and grabbed my mom's recipe. Yeah, if I make pancakes, I tend to rely on Bisquick, but tonight I wanted it to be special, and it was. When I took that first bite, yummy, it was a memory flashback for me. So, I like to share this recipe and moment with all of you. I hope you try it, and enjoy it as much as I do.

Here is the recipe...

Ingredients
1 1/4 Cups of Flour
2 Tablespoons of Sugar
2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
1 Egg
1 Cup Milk
1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil

Mix all ingredients in a bowl, pour on to warm griddle.
Makes about 6 4" Pancakes.


No comments: